This is how to replace your oil filter (NEXT OIL CHANGE) without any oil leaking out all over the side of the engine and your clean drive.
- Drain engine oil from sump – filler cap off
- Place back the oil sump nut – hand tight and leave a dripping tray under.
- Pour 1 LTR of any cheap oil (or flushing oil if you have spare cash!) into engine and close filler cap.
- Start engine and let it run for 2 mins – DO NOT REV. and turn off
- Drain the cleaning oil from sump, and place back sump nut tight.
- Undo oil filter – NO OIL IN FILTER – NO LEAKS – NO MESS !! but remember to oil the filter rubber seal, PLACE NEW FILTER.
- Fill up engine oil.
Last update: 2007-11-25 20:20
Author: Sil Suleyman